Friday, May 24, 2013

Clutter Busting Challenge-Day 24

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household
  • She eateth not the bread of idleness
Today is Day 25 of the Clutter Busting Challenge at Money Saving Mom.  Our task, should we choose to do so--and you know you really need to--is to get rid ourselves of the clutter in our houses, by turning loose of (at least) seven things every day during the month of May. Big or small, trash or "treasure", give away or throw away, sell or donate, it doesn't matter, just get rid of it!


Today I cleaned out the clutter in my coupon binder.  I have no idea how many I threw away--way more than 7! I had unclipped inserts and loose coupons just stuffed in the front--obviously I haven't been using it in a while. I had a lot of expired coupons--one or two that I made a mental "ouch" that I'd missed using them, but of them will come around again.  I'd just been dreading doing it, but once I went through and threw away the expired ones, it really didn't take that long to get it back in order.  (To see more on where I get my coupons and how I organize them, see my Couponing 101 page for the basics.)


With the price of groceries and everything else these days, it's time for me to get back to my couponing, meal planning, scratch-cooking ways.

What did you get rid of?

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I really need to read your couponing post Charlene. Mine are always a mess and I forget that I have them when I go to the store. They are rebuilding my steps today and I'm trapped inside the house so I'm finally getting caught up on blogging. I missed reading them the last couple of days. That was a cute idea about the flip flop wreath. If it ever gets warm enough around here to do something summery, I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine have been a mess lately, too, but with groceries and toiletries getting so expensive these days, I've got to do better about keeping up with my coupons and sales. Even a few cents every trip adds up eventually!

      Delete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails