Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vintage Thingie Thursday--Pyrex Bowls

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She is like the merchant's ships, she bringeth her food (and other things!) from afar
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household
It's been a long time since I've had anything vintage to show ya'll, but I thought I'd share some Pyrex bowls that I have. This set belonged to my grandmother, and I'm not sure if it's really old enough to classify as "vintage" or not. Most of the ones that I see in the thrift stores are solid colors, so I think this set is a bit newer than some of those, but I've had these for at least thirteen years, and they were part of my grandmothers kitchen for quite some time before that. So I'll guess that they qualify, anyway! according to some of the commenters, these are from the 60's!

This is a matching set of three, although I seem to have a vague memory of another smaller bowl that went with it at one time. I don't remember breaking one, but I can't seem to find the smaller one, if it really existed!



I love these Pyrex bowls, especially the ones with the pour spouts.

I have a slightly oversized large mixing bowl...


a smaller mixing bowl...


and this all-purpose bowl.

I like them because they're heat resistant, microwave safe, easy to clean up,


...and stackable!


Not to mention that they remind me of my Nanny!

This post is linked to:

Vintage Thingie Thursday
at ColoradoLady

Show and Tell Friday
at My Romantic Home

Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. I want a set like this...I love this pattern!!! I have never seen one with the pink stripe...love it! Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some real vintage treasures in those bowls. In all the places I go, Pyrex dishes are in demand and very highly priced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them in pink! They are from the '60s and there were four...the pink banded one is not part of the set but it looks fabulous with them. Even better they were your grandmothers. I'm such a know it all (lol) because I got mine for a wedding gift 45 years ago...and I'm a Nanny and you know how we know everything. haha. Thanks for sharing. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen one like the banded one before. I really like that and solid color ones best because they don't clash with other dish patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these...my mom has the blue ones...never knew those were spouts.

    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colour.. mom used to have this pyrex in green colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a set for my Wedding in 1966 but in a different color. I like yours and I think they qualify for vintage (44 years old). Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty pink set of bowls. Pink is a favorite of mine.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove pyrex, I have several of the yellow,red,blue & green colored bowls and freezer sets, they're some of my faves, your pinks are beautiful!!! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love these pink pyrex bowls!! I have a set of vintage pink pyrex mixing bowls. they are hard to find. thanks for sharing your collection.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pink Pyrex bowls. I have looked at them at antique malls, but the prices are out of my range. I would love to find a set at a thrift store or Good Will. I keep looking :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails