Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's T.I.M.E., #3


It's been a while since I did a T.I.M.E. post! I meant for this to be a regular feature, but life got in the way!

It's hard to believe that I've been back in Georgia for 4 weeks now--and I'm amazed at what I've done and not done. I was talking to my husband this weekend about how our perception of time changes when we know it's limited. I know I won't be here much past the end of the summer, if that long. I'll be headed back to Louisiana to take our son back to start a new semester at college, and because we know our time here is almost finished, I'll be hauling all of my personal and some of our household goods with me, and I'm not sure if I'll be back or not before my husband moves on, but even I do, it will be for a short time only.

And knowing that I'll be leaving and having to pack up and move everything home keeps me from doing some of my regular routine--like thrifting. I've been only twice, and even then I look at everything, thinking "Will I want to pack that up and haul it home, and will I have place to put it when I get there?" Same thing with my bargain shopping--I don't want to stockpile more than we can use in the six weeks or so, so I'm not really buying much ahead.

What does all of this have to do with T.I.M.E.?

I don't like not knowing how much longer I'm going to be here, or whether I'll be back. I don't like not knowing where my husband's next posting will be, and whether I'll be able to go with him, or whether I'll be home alone. Again.

In theory I like the adventure of it all--the spontaneity. But in actuality, I like steadiness. I like knowing what time my husband will be home every night. Or if he will. I like knowing in advance when he has to work through the weekend. When I'm going to be traveling, I watch the weather forecast for days in advance, so I know what to expect.

But I found something cool in my Bible in 90 Days reading this morning. I'm reading the Holman Christian Standard Bible, and I really liked what the Lord told Jacob after he'd been sent away from home.
  • "Look, I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go. I will bring you back to this land, for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised to do." Genesis 28:15

And yes, I know that the Lord is with me wherever I go, and that He watches over me, no matter what I'm doing. But it doesn't hurt to be reminded of it every now and then.

My Intercession this week--for the Gulf--especially my home state of Louisiana. For the Lord's guidance as we go through another upcoming time of upheaval, moving, and uncertainty. For peace in the middle of it all.

My Meditation--on the words of the Lord

My Expectation--that He has it all under control and that I can trust Him to work it all out.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. It is comforting to know He keeps his promises. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails