Monday, July 12, 2010

Marvin's Market

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She is like the merchant's ships, she bringeth her food from afar


One of the first places I started shopping for fresh produce when I first came to Columbus was a farmer's market on the north end of Veterans Boulevard, called Marvin's Market. They sell fresh fruit and vegetables, along with some other fresh and frozen groceries, including some locally produced items. At one end of the parking lot they sell a few other miscellaneous items, and this year they have a new addition to their display.

(click the pictures to enlarge them)

Doesn't it look like an old country store, or a rustic little cabin, with it's porch swing, and the delivery truck crashed through the barn with water and "steam" puffing out?

Don't you love this old truck made into a waterfall?


And of course we know what this is!

I think this is perfect example of reinvented and repurposed!


I've always liked shopping at Marvin's, but now this just makes it even more fun to stop by and see what they have on hand!


This post is linked to:

2nd Time Around Tuesday at A Picture's Worth 1,000 Words
Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer
Say "Cheese" at It's a Blog Party
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors

Until next time...

27 comments:

  1. HI!!
    I am just getting back to writing all my new sorority sisters!!There are so many, I have been so slow at this, but with a toddler grand daughter to babysit, and she hates me on this box!!So she tugs and I run!!I often tell her this is MIMI time and I will be back in 5 minutes!!I don't get alot done except at nap time!!
    So please bare with me!!
    i hope to get to know all of you!!
    I want a friend in all 50 states!Or 2 in each state!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most unusual water fountain I have ever seen.
    It's really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That truck is great! How creative. Looks like a fun place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody has gone to a lotta work and has a great imagination! Very fun, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that old truck made into a waterfall! I will have to show my husband those pictures. He will get a kick out of them.

    Someone really put some work into that place. It is great!

    Have a wonderful day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so COOL!!! I love the truck fountain ... Have a good rest of the week :)

    Hood Photo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great idea for a water feature. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that waterfall. Thanks for sharing the neat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful. DH will be fascinated by this. I know it is something we'd love to reproduce in our own yard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very interesting market. The ones we have here certainly are nothing like this. A neat idea and perfect for today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That truck is cool. Happy VTT. ♦olive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very neat and unique water feature. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew when I saw this picture I'd be in trouble....how I wish I had a truck and a place to put one to have a fountain like this...it is most unusual and so cool!!! Thanks for showing us this great place and decor today. Have a wonderful VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So clever! I bet everyone wants to stop and shop there. Amazing what people think up these days.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  15. very creative, vintagey and looks good water feature!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Talk about ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That would make grocery shopping more fun. Its really a cool fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great fountain. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! I love the fountain. A few years ago I saw one done a do it your self show and thought I would love to have one .....maybe some day???
    Cheers!
    Mrs Peeks Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! I love this! The truck fountain is so much fun, delightful.

    Happy VTT,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so cool! I love the whole idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of the most brilliant features I've ever laid eyes on! Thanks for sharing! And I think you ought to take this over to Junk Market Style.com for a show and tell. They'd LOVE it!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for sharing. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. IS that Mater from Cars? I love it! ;)Alyssa of Boston Bee

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that waterfall! As well as everything else about that little store! It's so unique! The pictures are fantastic!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  26. I cannot express how much I love that truck!!! I'm in the process of creating my own "junk" garden I call my tank garden because I'm using cattle tanks as planters. This truck is over the top!! Thanks so much for posting it and I'm glad I found you here!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That has got to be the coolest waterfall I have ever seen! It is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails