Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Day the Squirrel Came For Dinner

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She is like the merchant's ships, she bringeth her food from afar
  • She ... giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens

I don't know if this qualifies as a giving to her household or not, but as I was visiting with my parents this morning, we noticed a visitor outside, trying to get to one of the bird feeders.



The wind was blowing, and shepherd's hook was rocking a little, so she/he didn't seem too sure of themselves, and just froze.



My mom grabbed her camera and we managed to get a few shots...



Until she/he decided it was time...



...to GO FOR IT.

Wild swinging ensued, and having been the victims of bird feeders emptied and even destroyed by squirrels in the past, we did the only thing we could---rattle the door handle, at which time she/he left--without even leaving a tip!

Until next time...

This post is linked to:

Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer
Tuesday Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage
Garden Tuesday at Sidewalk Shoes




3 comments:

  1. Great post, I like to watch the squirrels runing around and chasing each other, BUT I love the birds more and I had to stop feeding them since the squirrels always got to it first. I found you on A Southern Daydreamer Outdoor Wednesday. I would love for you to visit with me at A Grandma's Blessings.
    hugs,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love to watch the squirrels and birds, too! At one time I had a bird feeder with a squirrel baffle attached above it that managed to be fairly squirrel-safe, but it blew down in a storm and broke, so I try hard to find branches that out of reach of squirrels. They're crafty little things, though, so a lot of time I end up with spilled bird seed anyway! But,I try!

      Delete
  2. I guess squirrels are alike no matter where they are... one in my yard jumped upon my bird feeder yesterday and broke it. But, they are fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails