Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thrifty Thursday--Decorative Bottom Springform Pan

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She is like the merchant's ships, she bringeth her food (and other things!) from afar
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household




A couple of weeks ago my husband and I went for a drive in the country and somehow ended up at Opelika, Alabama. And since we were in town already, we decided to make a quick stop at Angel's Antiques Mall. (note to self: there is no "quick stop" at Angel's. It's too big and there's too much to see.)



I found this rusted up, tin, what I thought was a jello mold from the 50's or 60's, until I realized...



...that it's a springform pan. So now I don't know if it's an old pan, or just one that somebody didn't care for properly and allowed to rust. I bought it anyway--at $2.00, it still qualifies as "thrifty", although I'm not sure if it qualifies as "vintage".

I did some research on line but I'm still not sure. I found some "non spring form" pans with molded bottoms that were listed as jello mold and cake pans. Then I found one new springform pan with that came with one flat bottom and one decorative bottom, but it had a much more modern flair, more like a bundt cake. Nothing similar to this.

So what do you think? Vintage too, or just thrifty?

I'm linking this post to:

Vintage Thingie Thursday
at Coloradolady
Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville

Until next time...

12 comments:

  1. I believe it is both!

    A great find indeed! Thanks for sharing and happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pan and I think it to be vintage....maybe from the 1960's?

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. yes vintage and thrifty! Great find.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's both and also a great find...and a wonderful buy. I love the vintage jello molds and at first, I thought thats what it was..
    I love the little cake pan.. Happy VTT,have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage or not, it is very cool. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe both? I wouldn't really know though, because I don't like to cook, and I've definitely never made a cake in one of those! Either way, it would look great sitting in any kitchen!
    Happy VTT!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tell you what...I think its cool! I would put a ribbon on it and hang it in my kitchen as you would a wreath. Fabulous find. I am going to have to check that place out. Road trip!
    Great work!


    Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    Leigh

    Tales from Bloggertiaville

    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool pan! But are you going to tease us with the EMPTY pan and NOT show us something yummy that you made USING it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the shape. great find. sorry I am so late, I want to throw my computer in the street.....Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if it's vintage, but I like it. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I used Gorilla Glue Super Glue to stick to 2 pieces together. It works really fast.

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails