Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Out of My Groove


  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She rises while it is yet night
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness
Well, today was a so-so day of not being back into my groove.  

The first mistake I made was actually last night--I stayed up too late (remember those night-owl ways?) I meant to get up at 6:00 a.m. again, but I was tired, so I stayed in bed till 7:00, actually a little after, leaving me just enough time to get teeth brushed, face washed, and dressed in my gym clothes before it was time to pick up my gym partner and head to the gym.  

I did a decent enough work out, stopped to visit my mom and dad for a bit afterwards, just like yesterday, came home, changed into jeans and made the bed, put away the clean dishes in the dish drain, and put the few dirty ones to soak in hot soapy water.  

And after that my day seemed to just go awry!

For one thing, my husband had been home during the day the last couple of days.  He had some days off he needed to "use-or-lose" before the end of the year, so he's been doing some vehicle maintenance, scraping outside of the house getting ready for some paint, and having a repair guy come look at our heat-pump.  

Yes, even in Louisiana we occasionally have to have heat!  

And apparently our entire (really old) heating and cooling system needs to be replaced, inside and out, which will involve moving a closet wall six inches to make room for a slightly larger inside unit. Which means taking everything out of the closet it backs up to and having construction dust everywhere for a couple of days next week, right when I need to be on top of my game, cleaning, decorating, and cooking for the holidays. 

Yikes.

So, yes, I got a little distracted by that news, but to be honest, I don't really know what I did the rest of the day.  

I did write a letter I needed to do, vestiges of the position I used to hold at my church.  Had to re-load the printer software on my lap-top for some reason to get it to print, but got that done and even ran next door to get my signature notarized.

But beyond that, I don't think I did a thing constructive. 

So, not-so-much in my groove today.

But tomorrow is another day.  

This post is linked to:
5 Day Clean House Challenge at Money Saving Mom

2 comments:

  1. We all have days like that Charlene. When my husband and I lived apart, he would call and ask what I did that day, and I couldn't say I did anything exactly, but it sure felt like I was busy all day. Just taking the dog in and out several times a day and all the bundling up that it requires has to count for at least a couple of hours a day. Then there's the mopping up the mud/slush he tracks in. To be honest, as much as I love my dog, when he goes, I'll be quite content not to be a pet owner any longer.

    Congratulations on losing weight! I've been trying to lose two pounds for the last two years, but they won't come off. I've even tried fasting, and have added extra exercise but they won't budge. Although I'm not happy with the number, I think this is the weight I'm supposed to be. Thankfully, my clothing size goes down even if the number on the scale never moves! I've weighed this amount before for quite a long period, until I gained more weight. That weight came off easily but always stops at this point! Sometimes I get so discouraged, but my doctor says I do well for someone with such an underactive thyroid. Maybe I have to cut off my long hair. That's good for about a pound. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about the dog! Our last one was a part of the family, but he started "dribbling", lost most of his teeth, and became as deaf as a post in the end. One night I heard a ruckus outside and went to the door to see a couple of possums eating from the dog food bowl while he slept contentedly and oblivious only feet away! I cried and cried when he was gone, but haven't replaced him, and it's been eight years!

      I meant to ask yesterday, what are you studying? I've been thinking of taking up learning to read Hebrew; not sure if if I can do it,but I think about it a lot!

      Delete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails