Thursday, December 11, 2014

Goovin' in the Kitchen

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness

As part of the 5 Days to Clean challenge, I'd like to say I got back into my groove again today,but unfortunately, I really didn't do too much.   I slept in a little, didn't get up until almost 7:00 a.m.  I did  a very brief quiet time before I got dressed for the gym and headed out.  After our work out, I visited with my mom and dad at their house for bit, came home and grabbed a glass of tea and a bite to eat, checked in here and on facebook, and honestly, vegged out in front of the tv for a while.  

I finally got up to take my glass and dish back to the kitchen, and realized I couldn't put it off any longer, I had to get my kitchen back in order.  


 The photo is a bit dark, but you can get the gist of it.  Not horrible, but not good, either!



I usually try to start at the sink. I  had clean dishes from last night on the drainboard, an empty tea pitcher and some dirty dishes in the sink.


First things first...



...put away the clean dishes.



Second, put the dishes to soak in hot, soapy water.  

While they were soaking for a few minutes, I made some tea and when I put it in the fridge, I used that opportunity to clean out a couple of things and wipe some of the fridge shelves down...




...then washed up the dishes.  



I went ahead and mixed up the cookies I had planned to make, and after they were done I wiped down the stove,  




and soaked a couple of the stove drip pans in the sink.  How in the world do they get so dirty?




In the end I had a clean stove...



clean counter top...



and a clean sink!


My house is still no where near ready for the holidays, and neither am I, but I'm a little closer now than I was earlier today.  


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails