Monday, September 6, 2010

Blogging Through the Bible in 90 Days--Day 64

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household...
  • She eateth not the bread of idleness...
  • She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness

Wow, am I ever behind.

So much so that it's doubtful at this point that I'll be able to finish with the Blogging Through the Bible group. And I'm disappointed--with myself more than anything else, because I know that I could have done it if I had just set my priorities in order every single day.

Amy from Mom's toolbox used a scripture from today's reading where Israel is rebuked for depending on her large number of soldiers--just as we often depend on our own strengths and talents to get us where we want to go. I find myself doing that a lot just lately--trying in myself to do things, and failing miserably, because I'm not first depending on Him. Most of us have a bad habit of trying to do things ourselves, and then asking for help only as a last, desperate, measure to avoid certain failure. I've been doing that, only I seem to be falling flat on my face instead of doing those graceful pirouettes that I think I am oh-so-capable of.

This week is a busy one for me--more traveling, some packing and unpacking and repacking to do, a busy busy few days, then traveling again--and finally, attempting to settle in and pick up the pieces of the life I left behind in my small hometown. Something I look forward to and dread at the same time.

This time, though, I want to remember to depend on the Lord first--not my own (puny) strengths.

Praying that your soldiers will be few, that you will turn to Him as a first, instead of last, resort.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails