Tuesday, August 24, 2010

T.I.M.E.--Life in the Valley

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness
  • She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

I am in desperate need of some T.I.M.E. with God.

I've had a roller coaster of a summer, and I've been really struggling with disappointed expectations--both my own as well as those of others. I feel like I've gone from strengths backward to weakness--physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

Right now, I'm in the valley. Can you tell?

  • I can't seem to order my days rightly.
  • I'm disorganized and messy and distracted and pre-occupied.
  • I have grand plans but little follow-through.
  • I've been upset with circumstances beyond my control.
  • I seem to always be taking two steps forward and three steps back--not just in one area but in many.
  • I'm disappointed with myself--with choices I've made--some of them in times past, some of them more recent.

I was just thinking, though, of words from an old song that goes "in the valley, He restoreth my soul".

And then I think of the part of the part of Psalm 23, where it says "He preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemy".

Right now I am my own worst enemy, no question. But I am thankful that He brings me to places of quiet and stillness, and that He does bring restoration to my soul.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! I can SO relate. Right now I'm doing okay, but a few days ago I couldn't say that. And may not be able to tomorrow. We just hang in there, don't we? And keep praying. Isn't it wonderful to have a Lord who loves us even in the valleys? Praying God will bring you higher. God bless...

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails