Monday, October 12, 2009

Three or More--Animals I've Seen in My Travels

I was born and raised in Louisiana, and except for a very brief stint in Kansas in the early days of our marriage, I lived there all of my adult life. Three years ago I was able to finally able to start travelling some with my husband as he moves around with his job. I've seen some beautiful places I wouldn't have ever had the opportunity to see, but even better than the places are the the glimpses of wildlife that I'd only ever seen in pictures or on television.

Like buffalo...


...and wild horses running along the highway...



...or a black bear, who stopped and just looked at us while we snapped away.



I'll never forget the first moose I saw...





...or the caribou at the reindeer farm at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.




Swans on the lake, starting to migrate south in the fall...



...or a snowbunny that already turned from brown to white, right before the snow started falling in earnest.



Buffalo in the snow beside the highway...



...foraging under the snow...


Migrating elk...
...cute little prairie dogs that I wanted to pet...
...more elk...
an antelope...
...a herd of antelope...

deer in Colorado...

and last but not least---camels, in northwest Texas. Yes, Texas.


I'm linking this post to Three-or-More Tuesday at The Gypsy's corner. Go on over the click some links and see what everyone else is sharing.

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting critters including the...um, camels!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool group of pictures! I love seeing different animals while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pics. They are all great but I think I love the little snow bunny best.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what great pix. Loved the moose & brown bear the most.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlene,
    Awesome animal pics you have taken.
    I love seeing animals, but have not ventured far enough I guess, to see so many.

    Thanks for coming by for a visit.

    I'm sorry about the lost family photos.
    And, unfortunately, these are not my relatives, just pics i bought at sales.
    I have very few pics of my family.

    Have a wonderful day.
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is inspiring!! I can't wait to really travel again. My children are still pretty young. So we are fairly homebound for now. But I would love to catch a glimpse of some of the animals you've seen in the wild!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails