Sunday, October 11, 2009

Note to Subscribers

From the very beginning of my blog, I've had Google Ad Sense ads on my site. From time to time I have other select ads, as well. I've never gone overboard trying to promote the products--on occasion I mention something if it's something I really use and can recommend, but I am not pushy with it. I'm not a big name blogger, I don't have a tremendous amount of traffic, but I'll be honest, I would love to have enough of a following to eventually get some actual income from ad revenue, however small. (I do need to feed my drugstore deal habit, after all!)

Those of you have been subscribers to A Virtuous Woman from the very beginning, whether via email or feed, have realized by now that I changed my feed options some time ago from a "partial" feed to a "full" feed. That means instead of seeing only the headline of a blog post, and having to click to see the actual post, the full text, including pictures, of the blog post comes to you on the feed. As a result, my "click-through" rate has dropped significantly. I think you're still reading (!) just not clicking through to the actual site to do so. And as a result of the click-throughs dropping, the number of "page impressions" and clicks on the ads have dropped, too.

And so, in an attempt to get the page impressions and ad clicks to increase enough so that I could actually get a few pennies in the far, far distant future, I am adding Google Ad Sense ads to my feeds.

At this point, this is just an experiment. If you, the subscribers, don't like it, please send me an email, or leave me a comment. You can find my email on my profile page, or click through, just this once (!) and leave a comment on this post. (See at the bottom, where it says "Thoughtful responses--Your $.02 worth"? Click there and you can leave a comment.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails