Friday, May 22, 2009

Philippians 3:14 Friday, May 22

Goals, what goals?

I clicked over on Kate's Philippians 3:14 Fridays post on Which Proverbs 14:1 Woman? to find that she's in basically the same predicament I am. I had a busy week, but failed miserably at keeping on point with several of my goals.

  • I did catch up on my couponing--clipping, sorting, filing--I was a couple of weeks behind in clipping the inserts, not to mention pulling the ones that have expired. It took several hours, spread out over an evening and the next morning. I finally gathered up the remaining coupons for things I'm not as likely to use and stuck them in some baggies which I'm going to "file" in the back pocket of my binder.
  • I did go to the Explorations of Antiquities Center in La Grange, Georgia, and took lots and lots of pictures--that deserves a post all on it's on, which I'm planning for sometime next week!
  • As the rest, well--I grocery shopped and cooked and went to church and packed to come back to Louisiana and drove the 10 hour drive and helped unload the truck and got mostly unpacked again. But the rest of the things on last week's list are, well, strangely unaccounted for.

So for the next week, I'm setting fewer goals and hopefully working harder at them:

  1. Get a pedicure. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
  2. Clean off my dresser, including clean and straighten the drawers
  3. Clean off my chest of drawers, including the the two shelves behind the mirrored door
  4. Move my files to my new-to-me filing cabinet (Remember I mentioned in an earlier Philippians 3:14 post that I needed a larger, better grade filing cabinet? Guess what we found at a neighbor's garage sale the very next day?? A 4-drawer, business grade filing cabinet for $15! A similar size and grade with a lock (this one doesn't lock) retails for about $180. What a find!
  5. Buy and hang curtains for my son's room
  6. Buy a couple of new hair accessories for me--my barrettes and clippies are sad.
  7. Buy seeds, dirt, etc, and start some herb pots
  8. Work my morning routine
  9. Get my daily prayer-and-Bible reading back on track
  10. Fast one day

And that's it for this week.

Do you struggle with setting and meeting goals? Join Philippians 3:14 Fridays at Which Proverbs 14:1 Woman? as we offer encouragement and accountability as we "press toward the mark".

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. A pedicure! Maybe I should add that to MY goal list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of course! It's attainable, and helps me to feel attractive, feminine, pampered, and confident--all of which make me much more easier to live with!

    Not bad for $25! And lasts a lot longer than a manicure!

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails