Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blog Hop '09


Welcome to Blog Hop 09 visitors!

For my non-tweeting, non-blogging readers, Blogher 09 is a conference being held in Chicago this weekend that "everyone" in the blogosphere is buzzing about. In reality, there are only about 1500 women in attendance, but in our niche of women bloggers, it seems as though everyone in the world is going to Blogher--except us!

There are several "I'm-not-going-to-Blogher" blog parties this weekend, and Blog Hop 09 is the PG rated version (!). Many thanks to Pensieve and Musings of a Housewife for sponsoring this.

For first time visitors, I am a Christian woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. We have a house in rural small town Louisiana that we seldom live in, and spend most of our time in a corporate apartment in Georgia (for now). I've been a working-outside-the-house gal for most of my adult life, but have had the privilege for the last year of being able to stay at home for the first time in years. And because of that, I'm also a couponer and deal chaser, and have recently become a frequenter of thrift shops and flea markets.

This blog started out to chronicle my struggle to become a true chayil woman of strength and virtue, and it evolves in different directions according to what I'm doing or thinking about.

In addition to A Virtuous Woman, I have a food blog, Secrets of a Southern Kitchen, where I share simple, easy recipes for everyday foods.

I appreciate you stopping by for the 2009 Blog Hop! Pull up a chair and look around, I hope your find something to your liking!

Until next time...

18 comments:

  1. Hey Charlene you're Blog Hopping too!

    *waving hi*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'd be friends. Nice to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Charlene - nice to "meet" you! Can't wait to take a peek at your food blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlene! Nice to "meet" you! Look forward to looking around & checking out your food blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I'm in Georgia, too! I love the thought behind your blog---a true virtous AND strong woman! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from N Ireland :)

    Lovely to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog!

    Being home is a wonderful thing but does result in lots of deal seeking! It's an adventure!

    Have a great Blog Hopping weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! I've pulled up my chair and can't wait to peruse your blog!! I'd definitely be heading over to your foodie blog...I'm a recipe addict...I collect much more than I can cook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A house in one state, a home in another - I'm familiar with this one. ;)

    Nice to stop by and meet you through Blog hop 09!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to check out your other blog too! I'm also Southern. Happy BlogHop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. greetings from the south east corner of louisiana!

    blog hopped in and joining both sites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Stopping by from BlogHop 09. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI! I also lived in corporate housing in GA for a while! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I'm hopping in from the Blog Hop! You have a very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from the blog hop to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you Charlene! I would love for you to stop by and say hello.

    http://www.moodymamasays.com/2009/07/23/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay-home-with-my-family-this-coming-weekend/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I love thrift store shopping. You never know what treasures you'll find!! Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am hop-ing over to you from BlogHop'09, I am #311. I was busy this weekend so I'm a little behind. It is so nice to meet you! I love your blog, I'll have to stop back again sometime.

    Be sure to Hop on over to my place and check out my 30+ giveaways (with a new one added daily) and to spread the BlogHop'09 Love!

    Ashley
    Beauty4Moms
    http://Beauty4Moms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails