Tuesday, April 19, 2011

21 Reasons I Haven't Been Blogging Lately


  • Who can find a virtuous woman, her price is far above rubies

I really think that should read "Who CAN find a virtuous woman?", 'cause this Virtuous Woman has been A.W.O.L. I've had blogger's block.



Here are my reasons excuses:



  1. I haven't been couponing

  2. I haven't been thrifting

  3. I haven't been crafting

  4. I haven't been decorating

  5. I haven't been cooking

  6. I haven't been cleaning

  7. I've been busy

  8. I've been bored

  9. I've been tired

  10. I've been lazy

  11. I don't have high speed internet any more

  12. I've been procrastinating

  13. I've been disorganized

  14. I've gained weight

  15. I'm home alone most of the time, so who wants to read about that?

  16. My house is too messy to take pictures

  17. Even when I take pictures, it takes too long to download, edit, and upload them to the blog

  18. I need to get my act together before I can blog

  19. I've been overwhelmed/underwhelmed/just plain "whelmed"

  20. No one reads this blog anyway.

  21. etc--I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture!

Not to seem to angst-y, but I do think we worry too much about trying to craft the "perfect" post, with the perfect pictures, on the perfect subject.


Several bloggers that I followed have quit blogging completely, and I wondered for a while if that was what I should do, but after much thought, I don't think I'm to that place right now.


I just need to get over myself and jump right back in, so that's exactly what I'm doing!


Are you ready? Here we go!



Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. First, I read your blog, so you do have readers. But I understand how you feel. Just seems like there's not much happening in life right now, but that can be a good thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlene, I found the link to your Blog over on Jane's site. My name is Delisa and I am 48 years old and live in Georgia. I can understand your feelings, sometimes I have to really stretch my brain to find something interesting to write about. But remember it doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful. Somedays I just post a quotation or poem that I love. Others days it is about my day or a funny experience. Sometimes it is a picture of my dog, or of my latest project. Sometimes I put in a YouTube movie clip, or a full length story, or a recipe for cornbread ect. Perhaps you coud about making a list of all the things that interest you and then then start off small. That way there is no pressure. I hope that helps, I could really relate to everything you said! When I get frustrated I remind myself "This is suppose to be fun!" I hope you have a lovely day! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies, I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a note of encouragement. I am going to do just that, Delisa--write about what interests me or what is going on, regardless of whether I think it's "blogworthy" or not--and quit with the "it has to be perfect" thoughts!

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails