Monday, January 5, 2009

It's Not Home, But It's Home For Now

It's been a busy, fun, relaxing three weeks at home, but we are back in Georgia, ready to get back to daily life.

We spent a lot of money these past few weeks. I had to restock the kitchen at home from almost literally nothing. With all of the holiday cooking and baking, on top of regular meals, that meant lots of groceries. I took some things from my stockpile here, but I kept coming up with all kinds of little things I needed. I used as many coupons as I could, but I needed so much, it was a losing battle! Now that we're restocked there, hopefully we'll get to go home a little more often to utilize it.

We broke down and bought a new freezer while we were home, too. We lost everything in our old freezer after hurricane Rita three years ago, and had never replaced it. We finally bit the bullet and got another one--just in time to get a half of a beef from my parents for Christmas! (Thanks Mom & Dad!) We don't actually have the meat yet, it won't be ready until this week, but I can hardly wait to go home and dig into stacks and stacks of frozen beef!

Hubby cleaned out our shed and ended up rebuilding the floor and insulating the walls, so that meant a trip or two to the lumbar yard. He also had some much needed work done to one of our vehicles.

And last but not least, the little things to finish getting ready for the holidays.


I'm looking forward to getting back to my bargain hunting and stricter budget. As much as I miss home, it's nice to be where there are more stores competing for my dollars, instead of resting in the assurance that I don't have anyplace else to shop unless I go out of town!

I'm enjoying catching up on my blog reading, too, now that I'm back to high-speed internet.

Tomorrow I'll be unpacking and getting settled back in, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I didn't slip in a quick trip to a store or two.

Just to check out the bargains.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails