Tuesday, April 16, 2013

30 Day Cleaning Challenge-Deep Cleaning the Bathroom

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household
  • She eateth not the bread of idleness


It's Day 16 of the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge, and today's task is to deep clean the bathroom. 



Here is my "before"...


...not too bad since I've been back to doing my daily "swish & swipe".




After--swished and swipe the toilet, straightened the vanity and wipe it down, emptied the trash, picked up the towels and put them in the dirty clothes basket, put out a fresh hand towel...


...grabbed the washcloths and put them in the dirty clothes basket...


peeked in the shower/tub to make sure everything was good there...

And then--



--tackled my worst spot, the drawer in the vanity.



Yuck.  The brown in front is just where paint has skinned off, showing the original brown, but the back--

that's just dirt and fuzz!


And after!

I still have way too much stuff in there--and I'd prefer smaller organizers and more of them, but this is what I
had available, and at least it's all clean, and semi-organized.  I'd still need to tweak this, but at least it's clean and semi-organized.  When I was purging, I wasn't really surprised that I had some things that were expired, since it's been a while since I cleaned out this drawer, but I was a little surprised at how far out of date some of the little tubes were!  


And my final "after", much better lit than last week's pictures.

This post is linked to:

30-Day House Cleaning Challenge at Money Saving Mom
Tackle It Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom
Titus Tuesday at the Time Warp Wife

Until next time...
To see other posts in this series, click on Clean in 30

4 comments:

  1. Good job Charlene! Bathroom are my least favorite room to clean. It seems you can wipe and wipe on that porcelain and there's always little specks of lint and dust left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think between the toilet paper dust and lint from towels, that it's more or less a never ending battle! Working on it for a few minutes every day, or 30 minutes once a week probably adds up to the same total time spent every week, it just SEEMS like less!

      Delete
  2. Great job organizing your drawer! It can be hard to stay on top of the drawers because you get to close them when they get unruly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a case of "out of sight, out of mind"!

      Delete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails