Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Garden Update

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • ...with her hands she planteth a vineyard...

Last night I woke up to one of the most beautiful sounds in the world--rain! I can manage to water my little garden with no trouble, but the farmers have been really suffering. Ponds are dried up, grass is dead in the pastures--so far we've gotten just over two inches of lovely, slow, soaking-in-the-ground rain, for which I'm very thankful!

Meanwhile, can you tell how much everything has grown since last week? We had a light frost last weekend while I was gone to visit my hubby, but it didn't seem to hurt anything...

...as a matter of fact, look what I found peeking between the leaves? Squash blossoms! (the yellow right in the middle) The leaves have all but swallowed up the whirly-gig I have stuck in the end of the bed.

The Swiss chard is coming right along...



...as are the carrots. I guess I'll try to thin them this week--I love the looks of the pretty, lacy greenery, though!



The bibb lettuce is beautiful...


...the onions not so much(!)...


...and I finally had enough of a show on my basil to bother taking a picture!

This post is linked to:
Tuesday Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage
Three or More Tuesday at the Gypsy's Corner
Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer
Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. Besides a few hardy herbs, everything in our garden has been killed off by the frost.

    Here from my first Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plants look really good! Thank God for the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for the rain. Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference from what my garden looks like right now! Everything looks great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are so lovely. I especially like the way your garden is coming along now that you got rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. here in central Louisiana we just planted a third time this fall. Since we tried it in the rain maybe it has a better chance. Yours looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My garden looks nothing like yours- I see mostly browns while yours are lovely green. ;-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails