Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thrifty Finds

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household...

My mom and I were out bright and early Saturday morning, headed to one of our local churches annual Women's Bazaar. We were after homegrown honey--a little birdie had told us that there would be a booth there with our new favorite "brand" of honey. Of course while we there we browsed the other booths, one of which had flea market/garage sale items for sale.

My first find was this hurricane glass--$.10! The picture makes it look like it's bigger on one end than the other, but it's actually symmetrical. And then I spotted this "fake silver" as I call it, chrome serving tray for $.50. By this time my hands were full, so I turned a blind eye to everything else, except the honey, of course!

I can't wait to use these in my holiday decorating!

What thrifty finds have you made lately?

Until next time...

This post is linked to:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl

Nifty Thrifty at Coastal Charm

Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville

4 comments:

  1. wow....lucky you - great prices! I'm sure you can "pretty" these up during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tray will look fab decorated with Christmas goodies.....love it when light reflects off it.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds! That glass hurricane can be used sooo mnay different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got some great deals! I found a cute basket at the Dollar Tree this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails