Monday, July 19, 2010

Blogging Through the Bible in 90 Days--Day 15

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household...
  • She eateth not the bread of idleness...

I have a confession to make--I'm still behind on my Bible in 90 Days reading schedule!

My son has been bringing me books from the library all summer by one of my favorite authors, and I've been reading the last batch of three, trying to finish before they have to go back. He won't be bringing me anymore, at my request, so I should have plenty of time to catch up.

Every Monday night there's a twitter party where several of the participants meet up (in cyberspace!) and discuss our reading, what we've learned, questions we may have, and to encourage us each to stick to the plan! Some of us are behind, some are caught up, and some are actually ahead of the game! Each of us, though, comes away with a unique perspective as the Lord speaks to us in different ways according to where we are in Him, and what we need to to learn to help us along the way.

One of the things I've noticed this week is that God is in the details.

Sometimes the descriptions of the tabernacle, the feasts, and the various sacrifices can seem repetitious as we read about the Lord instructing Moses, then Moses doing as the Lord has commanded, and still again as Moses teaches the people what the Lord has taught him. And even with the repetition, it can be confusing without further study--which this schedule doesn't allow (for now, anyway!).

But what struck me the most is how important the little things are to the Lord.

Sometimes I live my life as though the little things don't matter, as long as I get the big things right--and in fact, I think it's just the opposite. If we don't get the little things right, we'll never be able to conquer the big ones.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails