Monday, February 1, 2010

Thrifty Wintertime Wreath

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She worketh willingly with her hands

Every since I reluctantly packed away my Christmas wreath, I've wanted something new to hang on the front door of our apartment. I've been seeing some cute winter decorations on some of the blogs I follow, but most of them have snow or a snowman theme--and winter time in the south is just not snowy--not in my neck of the woods, anyway, unless it's a freak thing that comes along once in a blue moon.

So I wanted something that looked a little bare--for winter in the south--but not barren, if you know what I mean. And of course it had to be something pretty thrifty, as well.


I found this grapevine wreath at JoAnn's for $3.99, along with three little berry sprays for $1.39 each. I had originally planned to take the sprays apart and work each little stem into the wreath separately.

Just for kicks before I started taking the sprays apart, I "fluffed" them a little and worked them into the wreath along one side. I really liked the look of this, but wanted just a touch more.



I remembered the larger berry sprays I had left from Christmas, and decided to add them, as well.


It's not quite as asymmetrical as I meant for it to be, but I can tweak that. It's definitely the "natural" look I was going for, but it still needs a little something. What do you think? A trip back to JoAnn's for more berries?

I'll let you know if I decided to add to this--it may turn into the incredible changing wreath!

This week I'm linking to a new-for-me meme called "Making Your Home Sing" Monday. Doesn't that help lift all those little tasks we do to make our homes clean, cozy, and attractive to a whole different plane?

This post is also linked to:

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Make Your Monday at Twice Remembered
Making the World Cuter
Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative


Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Nice Job! The splash of red is just perfect. It looks just right for a winter wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any nadina's in your area a few sprigs of the greenery might add a nice touch to the wreath. I usually cut some of the greenery with the berries to add to my wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's the perfect accent, especially with Valentine's Day coming up. Also gotta love the price!

    I am so excited to have you join us today, thank you for linking up and I hope you'll come back next week.

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!!! Rustic and simple. And you are right, you can change it out for all the seasons and/or holidays! :-)

    Happy Met Monday!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Like how it's simple, yet so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails