Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hannukah

Happy Hannukah!

Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.
And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
John 10:22-23

This is from last year's Hannukah--and I realized when I looked at the picture that I put the prayer book upside down--Hebrew is read right to left, not left to right--so excuse that error. (not that I read Hebrew--I "cheat" and read the transliteration") I wasn't thinking when I was setting this up for the picture.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
John 1:4-5
I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:45


Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. that is beautiful! Thank you for the reminder that our LORD's festival was the time of preparation too... so similar to advent!

    (and the picture is beautiful, upside down prayer book and all!)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tie-in between kindling the Hannukah lights and looking for "true light" that illuminates the temple--especially our temples, our bodies, being the temple of the Holy Spirit.

    Thanks for stopping by and for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails