Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Pitiful Baking Day

  • She rises while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness

All around the blogosphere and on twitter, to paraphrase a song, "There's been a whole lotta bakin' goin' on!" The idea is to do as much baking and cooking as you can in one day, so you only have to pull everything out and dirty up your kitchen once, but you have lots of things made in advance to feed your family later.

There were women making all kinds of good and healthy things to freeze and feed their families, from homemade breads and cookies and muffins, to pots of soup and casseroles of all shapes and sizes. Some of them have baked and brewed and cooked and stewed for two solid days.

I wanted to participate, I really did! But we just got back to Georgia on Monday night after being at home in Louisiana for two months, and my supplies are, to say the least, depleted. I left a few staples here, and my husband made a quick trip to the store that first night for cereal, milk, and things for his work lunches, but I have yet to replenish our perishables. And lest you think we are starving this week, we brought back frozen beef and vegetables from home. Farm raised beef, and home grown vegetables from my parent's garden, frozen at the peak of flavor. Ummm.

But nothing much I could bake with. No butter. No eggs. Very little sugar.

Ant then, at the very last minute, way in the back of the pantry, I spied it.

One little lone packet of Martha White chocolate chip muffin mix that had these magic words on the package--"Just Add Milk".

And so here is my contribution to Baking Day


Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg Martha White chocolate chip muffin mix
  • 1/2 c milk

Mix together. Put in muffin pan. Bake. (for specific instructions, see the package)

And Voila' !

And thus ends my very first participation in baking day.

I am linking this to Cupcake Tuesday at Hoosier Homemade. Sorry, all of you serious bakers, I couldn't resist!

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I just had to come say "Yay for you"! Way to participate one such a day! Your whole post made me smile. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and wanted to say Hi!
    I'm from Louisiana and currently living in Georgia. :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! This made me chuckle! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! :-) Hey, it's something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny what things we can come up with in our pantry. I used vanilla wafers a couple wks ago for the crumb topping on an Apple Pie, because the crust didn't work out.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails