Sunday, April 26, 2009

Philippians 3:14 Friday, April 24th

  • She looketh well to the ways of her household

This week was not good for me as far as meeting my monthly/weekly goals. Again. Last Sunday I woke up with a head cold, which turned into one of the worst-while-it-lasted head colds I remember in a while. I didn't sleep well because I couldn't breathe lying down, and most days I was exhausted, so I didn't do much. I did, however, accomplish a couple of things.

  1. Re-establish that morning routine I was working on While there were a couple of days I felt so bad I barely got dressed, believe it or not, I found that getting up and doing my morning routine made me feel better, even if I collapsed into the recliner immediately afterward and didn't move from there for the rest of the day
  2. Clean out old craft materials in the closet Craft stuff is out of the closet, and while I still haven't actually gotten rid of it, I've got it semi-sorted according to trash (T-shirt paint that's at least 15 years old) to give away (ribbons and lace and pretty things for my crafty niece)
  3. Work on the paper tiger--sorting, shredding, discarding, and filing Nope. Nada thing done on this
  4. Add a piece of fruit and one serving of yogurt to my daily diet If dried cranberries and yogurt-covered raisins count as fruit, then I did this everyday. If not, then 4-5 days
  5. Get my hair cut or trimmed Didn't want to spread my germs, so I didn't do this yet
  6. Start on my message for a speaking engagement I have coming up I had an unexpected opportunity for an additional speaking engagement for this weekend, so preparing for both of these was my main focus for the last couple of days.
  7. Check out venue(s) for the Praise and Coffee event I want to host while I'm home Nothing on this one--I was too germy feeling to go a food service place of business--this may have to be postponed until I get back to Georgia.
  8. Catch up on the assignments for the 31-Day Build a Better Blog Challenge I did mail my partner once this week, and read a couple of the assignments, but without high-speed internet some of these are really difficult--it takes a long time to download some of the pages I'd like to read, so this was has been slightly postponed, as well.

New goals for the coming week:

  1. Continue morning routine, add weekly jobs--dusting, floors, etc.
  2. Work on the paper tiger--sorting, filing, shredding
  3. Get some donation items ready for the youth center
  4. Clean my bed room well--I started this already, but need to continue
  5. Continue prep for next speaking engagement
  6. Remember--veggies are our friends
  7. Get my hair cut or trimmed
  8. Give myself a manicure

I know that sometimes it seems that I fail at my goals more than I succeed, but even in areas where I don't aways accomplish what I set out to do, I can still see positive trends.

What are your goals for this week or month? Join Philippians 3:14 Fridays, hosted by Kate at Which Proverbs 14:1 Woman?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails