Thursday, December 23, 2010

For Unto Us a Child is Born

  • Who can find a virtuous woman? her price is far above rubies
  • She openeth her mouth with wisdom...
  • She looketh well to the ways of her household

It always takes me a while to get into the swing of the holiday season at Christmas.

I don't like the way most people rush the season.

This year has been the worst yet--stores had Christmas stuff out before Halloween had even passed.
Not to mention so-called "Black Friday" sales all throughout the month of November--and on every day of the week, not just Friday!

Our church had their church wide Christmas dinner over two weeks ago, to accommodate the folks who go out of town over the holiday.

Advent does start the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but the "Twelve Days of Christmas" were traditionally from December 24th through January 6th.

These days, most people are sick of the Christmas trappings by the time the big day arrives that they can't wait for a chance to take it all down again.

At my house, we just put a few strings of light up outside earlier this week; and while the tree is up, it's still not fully decorated yet.

I started my Christmas baking and candy making today. I may wrap presents tonight, so we'll have something under the tree when we finish it up.

I'm in no hurry, and that's the way I like it.

It really doesn't matter to me if my celebration coincides with the commercial parameters of when I should start or finish the holidays. I say a really neat sign that stated what I hope my whole life will reflect--that Jesus is the Reason for ALL Seasons.

For to us a child is born, for unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails