Saturday, December 25, 2010

Are You Waiting For the Light?

The house is quiet.

Everyone else is in bed.

The gifts are wrapped.

Most of the cooking is done.

It's raining outside, and the only other sound I can hear is the humming of the laptop and the sound my fingers make on the keyboard.

And lest you think that I have it all together, let me tell you otherwise. I have a small family, with no little ones anymore. We keep Christmas very simply these days. The gifts got wrapped today and tonight. The cooking is done because I just decided to call it quits and make do with what I've already done (which is plenty, don't get me wrong), not because I checked everything off of my list. I just shortened the list when I realized that some of it wouldn't get done.

Every year I tell myself that next year will be better. I'll be better organized; or maybe just more energetic.

Or maybe, just like this year, I'll do what I can do, and ignore the rest.

I haven't sent Christmas cards in years. Years.

I always intend to give goodie bags and little gifts to many, many people. In October I intend to. By December I'm just hoping they won't give me anything so I won't have to scramble to return the favor.

I've had a rough time the last few weeks. Not for any particular reason. My bark is worse than my bite. Or maybe it's just that I always, always, always, bite off more than I can chew. Or maybe it's that my eyes are bigger than my stomach. At any rate, I think it's in my nature to have Great Expectations that will never come to pass, at least not in this life.

But the house is quiet. What's bought is bought, what's wrapped is wrapped, what's cooked is cooked.

It's raining outside. And the house is quiet.

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light....for unto to us a child is born, and unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


I like that part that states that the government shall be upon HIS shoulder--not mine, not yours, HIS.

Thank you, Lord, that I don't have to take any responsibility that isn't mine. Thank you that you love me beyond my ability to perform.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails