Thursday, February 5, 2009

Get the 4-1-1 on free 411 calls

Do you remember when calling "Information Please" was free? I do. I can even remember when you talked to a real person, too!

When I'm at home, I seldom call information; if there's a number I can't find in the phone book, I get online and go to the company website, if it's a business, or to Switchboard.com or whitepages.com if I'm looking for a person, or a business if I can't find a website.

My worst moments of weakness are when I'm in the car with my cell phone and need a number. I tried keeping an extra local phone book in my car, but it usually ends up shoved up under the seat where I can't find it. So I admit, I've been guilty of calling 4-1-1 from my car. It may not seem like much, but those extra charges can really add up, and these days I measure money by how many coupons I've clipped to save that amount!

I recently came across two different numbers you can call to get FREE "Information" calls.

One of them is from Google, the computer services giant. For that one, just call:

1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411)


The other number you can call for free "Information" is:

1-800-FREE-411 (1-800-373-3411)


I'm planning to program at least one of these into my cell phone, so I'll have NO excuse for unnecessary 4-1-1 charges taking a bite out of my budget!


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails