Friday, January 23, 2009

Home Alone

The last few days have been extremely quiet and uneventful for me, I've been Home Alone all week. Husband out of town on business, son away at college, I'm not at "home" home, I'm at "apartment" home.

After I took my husband to the airport Monday I did my drugstore rounds, hitting all three (CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid) all in one day.

Tuesday and Wednesday I vegged out in front of the television and on the computer.

By Thursday I'd had all I could take, I actually got fully dressed all the way to shoes and make-up to take the trash out to the dumpster, and decided to go ahead and go to the bank and the post office. I did make one other quick stop at Bath and Body Works to use a coupon I had for a free trial lotion with purchase--did you know that all of their signature collections are on clearance this week? (Up to 75% off!) I spent $4.24 for some body wash and lotion that would have been $17.50 full price. Oh, and I got some chicken nuggets from Chik-Fil-A (the BEST fast food chicken nuggets or tenders ever!)

I was determined to make it all week without buying groceries, and I have! Except for the Chik-Fil-A incident, all week long I've eaten leftovers or eggs or soup or sandwiches. Everything has been from the fridge or pantry.

I've spent less than $14 this week, including Chik-Fil-A. Laundry is caught up, the kitchen is clean, checkbook is balanced, bills are paid.

All is quiet on the home front.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails