Sunday, December 28, 2008

For His Sake

Tonight is the eighth and final night of Hanukkah. It's my favorite night, the menorah looks so pretty with all nine branches lit and glowing. We turned out the lights and sat for a few moments, looking at the burning candles and contemplating...

I noticed something in scripture today that I've never noticed before. In Isaiah 43:25, it states this, "I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins."

"...for mine own sake..." Did you catch that part? Blotting out transgressions and not remembering sins seems like something that would definitely benefit me. But here it says that it's not for my sake, it's for His.

He loved us when we were unlovable.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

For His own sake.


Amazing love.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely verse about God's forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect, brought tears to my eyes. We could all learn a bit more by reading the bible.

    DeeDee
    http://www.small-budget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails