Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Know You're a Couponer When...

I was home in rural Louisiana for 10-12 days; I've mentioned before that the shopping venues are limited at best in my small hometown, but I did manage a couple of trips to Walgreens while I was there. My next most favorite place to shop when I'm home is Dollar General--did you know that Dollar General takes coupons? You can get some really good deals on name brand items by using coupons with their already low prices.

Those two stores--Walgreens and Dollar General, are where my mom and I did some shopping one day and where I encountered two of my most recent "You know you're a couponer when..." moments.

First one--I was browsing the aisles at Walgreens, looking at the clearance tickets with my coupon binder(more on that in a later post) spread open on the buggy when a woman walking by did a double take, then turned around and came back "That's what I need to organize my coupons!" she said. I showed her my binder and my baseball card and photo pages while she exclaimed and ooohed and aaahed over it. "Are you the one who comes in here and gets things for free all of the time? The ladies in here have told me about her, are you the one?" I told her I was probably not "the one" because I don't live there full time and don't shop that particular store that often, but that I do, in fact, get things for free or almost free all the time with my coupons, rebates, and sales.

Second one--same shopping trip, different store--this time it was the cashier at Dollar General--my mom and I checked out back to back with our stacks of coupons, and the cashier asked me "Where do ya'll get all of your coupons? With things the way they are now, I need to start doing this--you saved a lot of money!" There were people in line behind me, so I didn't have time to tell her much, but did take the time for a quick mention of the Sunday newspaper coupon inserts and internet printables.

Third one--my mom on the phone with you me--"You'll never guess what your Daddy was doing earlier---couponing!" Dad asked her if she could get some dog food coupons, so they got on the internet and found some at Alpo's website and a couple of others. Now, it's one thing to convert your Mom to internet coupons, but your Dad?? I was impressed! You go, Dad!

What are some of your "You know you're a couponer when..." moments?


Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. I am slowing working on converting my mom, but I love being a couponer. Some people get so frustrated that they have to wait and others get excited with me when they see how much I have saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was already a coupon user in a small way, but she has really branched out these days with internet coupons, stacking store and manufacturer's coupons and doing rebates.

    I love my coupons and my "dealing"! My hubby used to say that I needed a hobby, and I'm so glad to have found one that not only doesn't cost anything, it actually saves us money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my kids have definitly learned about couponing and my oldest helps me!

    My husband also used to say the same thing about me and I definitly found one, one that I like and have fun with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i had to laugh becuz my parents have started couponing after i showed them how much i saved! and i don't do near as well as you!

    ReplyDelete

Your $.02 Worth:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails